This adaptor connects a Game Boy with a PC's USB port via link cable and mini-USB cable. It appears as a MIDI port on the PC and offers the following functionality:
- Load updates for nanoloop 2.2+ and 1.6+.
- Load additional 32k ROMs, such as mGB
, on nanoloop one.
- Backup / restore songs from / to nanoloop 2.6 and nanoloop 1.6.
- Sync any nanoloop version to MIDI-enabled programs on the PC.
- Play the Game Boy via MIDI from the PC using mGB
By default, the adaptor is in MIDI mode. To sync nanoloop with software on a PC, it has to be set to SYNC mode first with the nlmidi tool
nanoloop online shop
The adaptor is a bare PCB, shaped to fit into a link cable's plug and a mini USB cable.
The connection works without modification, but naturally it is not as stable as a real plug/socket.
For critical applications like on stage performance,
it is therefore highly recommended to fix the connection and put it into some form of enclosure.
- a Game Boy (DS doesn't work due to lack of link port)
- an "8bit", GB color/pocket/DMG compatible link cable (=all cables except for the GBA multiplayer cable)
- a PC with USB port and Chrome web browser
NEW: web version
for Google Chrome: Access the adaptor via web browser
With nanoloop one
With nanoloop 2.x